Friday, July 27, 2012

A Star is Born

"I discovered a love for the stage upon joining the Westborough Community Chorus 27 years ago.  Annual spring and Christmas shows have given me many wonderful opportunities to sing with the whole chorus (70-90 people)  as well as small groups, duets, and solos.  Little did I know when I joined that I'd  also be kicking up my heels with tap and jazz routines and memorizing lines for skits.  If I knew at AWH what I know now I probably would have joined the drama club and been in the senior class play!!!!! 
The theme of  this past spring show, "The Rockin 60's and 70" was especially fun for me with the reunion coming up.   Oh the memories.  I really got to spread my wings with a solo song and dance performance of Nancy Sinatra's "These Boots are Made for Walkin".  What a blast that was.  (Ed. Note: Click Here to check out the video of this stellar performance.)

I still love the oldies. 
So chorus continues to be a most wonderful, exciting, creative, challenging, and rewarding experience for me.  Keeps me feeling young.   Thanks for the opportunity to share.  Looking forward to the reunion."
Lynn Ruell Wilkins

1 comment:

  1. Lynn,
    Good for you! Great performance! How wonderful that you have found your "inner talent!
    See you at the reunion.
    Pat G. Haddad

    ReplyDelete