Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sneak Preview of Some Responses to the Reunion Questionnaire

Some Early Responses to the 50th Reunion Questionnaire
A Sampling of Messages, Memories, and Current Activities


Messages to Classmates:

This is my first reunion at Archies.  I’m dying to see everyone. 
                    - Karen Kirsch, Atlanta, GA

Proud to be members of the greatest class ever to graduate AWHS and still enjoy getting together w/our classmates.
                    - Paul Miles and Nancy McShane Miles, Norwell, MA

Old friends are the best.  Can’t wait to see you all!!!!
                    - Elaine Mattie McCombs, Huntingdon Valley, PA

Thank God for arriving at this stage of life.  “There is a season” and this is such a wonderful, calm season with the time to look back and be amazed at how we got here.  Williams helped get us on a strong course.
                    - Louise O’Brien Moore, Westwood MA

Still looking for the next Mrs. B …
                    - Rick Blasser, Canton, MA


Memories of Archies:

… school dances – praying for someone, anyone to ask me to dance
                    - Lynn Ruell Wilkins, Westboro, MA

… the too few Friday night dances that allowed me to fantasize that I was on American Bandstand.
                   - Terry Christian Howe, Foxboro, MA


The people who taught us.
Sister Emily Ann hitching up her skirt so that she could play basketball with us.
Sister Miriam - forgetting where she was during Latin.  Gaul got divided many times.
Sister Clara Ann – teaching Spanish with a Southern accent.
Sister Josella who was a champion to those of us in her homeroom.
Mr. Saunders who introduced me to the world of science.
                   - Gail Walters Farley. Hingham, MA


…our graduation ceremony when the entire class sang “Give me your tired, your poor…”
Hmmmm, now where is that 33 1/3 RPM recording with a picture of the graduating class on the cover.
                   - Stella “Dina” Daly Grazioso, Quincy, MA


Our Current and Future Lives:

… After the reunion, my husband and I are leaving for 2 weeks in Ireland with a quick 3-day stop-off in London.
- Cheryl Singler Gardner, Amelia Island, FL

Recently I’ve gotten back into music, playing jazz piano and learning improvisation.  Lots of fun but not ready for prime time.
                   - Elaine Mattie McCombs, Huntingdon Valley, PA

… Since my years in GM, I have loved cars and everything about them.  I currently have a 1967 Corvette coupe that I restored over the years.  I drive it to car shows and cruise nights as well.  I am a 28-year member of the National Corvette Restorers Society and also judged for that organization.
                   - Donald Milone, Punta Gorda, FL

… Working on the “Bucket List,” went to Hawaii in Feb and on the way to Alaska Aug. 22nd!!
                   - Lois Hannon Ready, Murrells Inlet, SC

No comments:

Post a Comment