Wednesday, February 15, 2012

OK, I'll get it started....

Met Judy in the summer of '66 and we got married two years later. She's been my best buddy ever since. I was roommates with Carl Kowalski at the time. We live in Walpole and recently bought a small cottage in Sandwich. Judy was an elementary school teacher in the Walpole system and I worked in computer software.
Fell into computers in '68 (no Computer Science degrees then) and worked for Honeywell. Got the travel bug and working for a big company gave us the opportunity to live/work in Paris for 3 years and then travel a bit on the company's dime. Then I worked for a succession of smaller outfits, while still enjoying travel. Only Europe, mostly France. We are Western Civ kind of people, I guess.
I played hockey in the over 30 leagues with Johnny Walker for 20 plus years. When too many injuries forced me to give it up, Judy found another hobby for me. Painting. So, I've been dabbling in oil painting for the past dozen years.
We are both retired now and enjoy taking roadtrips in our Jeep. Bought our first Jeep only about 8 years ago and are now on our third. It has been rejuvenating. As long as we can climb in it, we'll keep taking the trips. We like taking the Jeep on the beach on the Outer Banks and Sandy Neck. Also, we have a blast rock crawling in the back roads of Arizona and Utah. We have spent the past 4 winters in Sedona, AZ. That's me in the photo with my niece and her roommate. We really enjoy visiting National Parks and Civil War Battlefields when on the road.

Tony Donovan

No comments:

Post a Comment