Saturday, February 18, 2012

Update from Karen Maloney

I am living in Auburndale, a section of Newton. In Nov. 1987, I married Bob Bruno and feel very fortunate to have him in my life. Back in 1993 we bought a Cape house in West Harwich where we are presently spending most of our time because our almost 18 year old dog does better in a one -story house.

I took early retirement from teaching in Canton Middle School when I was 59 and didn't adjust easily to my new life style. As a result, I went back to work part-time in Lexington at the elementary level. Now, however, both Bob and I are fully retired and exploring both new and old interests.

My eldest son, Brian, married his high school sweetheart and has five children and they live outside San Diego as does my youngest son, Bobby. Peter, my middle son, lives in New York city. We rented in downtown San Diego one winter and may well spend winters there again once our dog is gone.

Meanwhile I 'm looking forward to renewing past friendships at our 50th reunion.

1 comment:

  1. Karen,
    Great to hear your news. At one point, all three of my children heeded the "call of the West." Fortunately for me, my daughter has moved back and there are heavy rumors that one of my two sons is headed back after his wedding. Looks like I will be able to see some grandchildren growing up after all! See you at the 50th!

    ReplyDelete